Saturday, November 29, 2008

Finally Fall




We've been waiting and waiting around here for some fall like weather. It was 85 degrees just at the beginning of the month. The girls and I enjoyed a week off...we did walks to the park, cuddled and watched movies and took a trip to Gramma's house for Thanksgiving. We're already counting down until Chrismas vacation. I would never say it's the only reason I teach, but the work schedule of a teacher is most certainly a cool benefit. The month went by too fast...a downfall of growing older I think. I celebrated a birthday, wrapped up months of work on the school play, and Jeff and I celebrated our establishment of the Hicks family 11 years ago. Oh I love that guy! My dad sent me a card recently and I wanted to share this quote:


"What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us."


Ralph Waldo Emerson


Society is a mess right now isn't it? I try not to forget what is truly important...sharing love, bringing kindness to the people around you, finding happiness in every day.

1 comment:

Jill Macknicki said...

Hi Emily! Your words are so true. Happy Belated birthday and anniversary. 11 years...it seems like just yesterday Jeff, Heather, and I were living at Jackson Park Place:0) Love, Jill