Here is a synopsis of the last months of school.....
First came Maggie - our new yellow Labrador. She thinks she is one of the kids - she enjoys biting your toes, jumping up on you, sitting on the slide and on her Sponge Bob chair. We got her at the start of May and she is finally showing hope to be a good dog.
We find ourselves often saying, "Good thing you're so cute!"
Next came the vegetable garden. Jeff has been working so hard...killing the grass, tilling the dirt, bringing in compost, planting seeds, reprimanding Maggie for eating sprouts, planting more seeds, telling Maggie she's a bad dog for enjoying tomato & green bean plants, and finally putting up a garden gate. Jeff claims the garden can now grow to its' fabulous potential, but I think it looks awesome now. We are looking forward to corn, peas, green beans, Chile peppers, tomatoes, and even watermelon.
This picture doesn't do the garden justice!
In May I finished my Master's Degree!!!!! After 2 1/2 years of going to class, writing papers, and completing my 120 page project....I can say I am forever done with school! Until I go for my Doctorate - just kidding - it's not on my list for now.


Abby won her first swim meet - the first annual Clovis High area meet for elementary kids....even with her underwear on (she forgot to take them off!) She's going to do a summer league swim team and is hoping to collect some more ribbons.
The girls did a beautiful ballet recital last Saturday. They dance with a very wonderful but serious ballet teacher, Shirley Winters. She often has students continue on in dance at universities and ballet academies. My girls look really cute in ballet pink, but I don't think I'll be signing either of them up for the San Francisco ballet.
Maybe I'll be better at blogging this summer...or maybe I'll be having too much fun! I'm going to add it to my list and we'll see!




1 comment:
So fun! I hope your garden turns out well. So far our tomatoes are doing really well, not sure if anything else will pan out. Our sugar snap peas are goners, don't know how I killed them. I am going to try snd enjoy my summer as much as you enjoy yours!
Post a Comment